Saturday 7 October 2017

Spelling Bee Quilt-Along...Are you taking part?

I reviewed Lori's Holt's new Spelling Bee book a couple of month's back and as with all her books, there's a sew-along run with the Fat Quarter Shop.  It's for the cover quilt but there are other quilts in the book that you could focus on instead- e.g. the Picture Day Quilt focuses on the images in the book and can either be a multitude of different pictures, or the same repeated in a different colourway, maybe adding initials too.  I'm one of forty bloggers taking part; I've chosen three blocks but the first isn't until January. I'm getting prepared now as I want to make some of the other blocks too!


There are crib or twin options depending on whether you make 6" or 12" blocks and I'm also going to combine some Sew-Ichigo blocks that I think would work.  Making a smaller quilt makes the schedule a little more forgiving if you struggle for time and there are different sashing suggestions or even mini quilt layouts that could be used for a small selection of blocks (Lori shows some in a picture at the end of this post).


SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. I almost bought that book last week at the Asheville Quilt Show. Now, I really wish that I had!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.