Friday 30 December 2011

Blogger's Choice

This took ages but it was fun.  A blogger's bundle opportunity courtesy of The Fat Quarter Shop and Laura at Quokka Quilts- click to find out more.
On Christmas day as my mum and sister unwrapped their pillows from me, my brother was a little put out that there was none for him (he did have a very nice and requested present).  He had a pillow last year but he was rather taken by the Walk in the Woods pillow.  As a consolation I told him he could have something else. He suggested something inspired by the film 'The Life Aquatic'. I haven't seen this but the trailer alone set my mind whirring.  This bundle is selected for this project, a hypothetical quilt for Jamie.  I love the combination, hours spent searching through colours and themes and my mouse hand is jiggered.  Would love to make it. 
Go enter!  It is a very interesting creative exercise. 
sib blog

14 comments:

  1. Another fun bundle! I love the colors, and you picked some of my favorite prints in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bundle! Could you tell the name of fabric in bottom row, second from the left?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness if you can make head-nor-tail of that film, you are a better person that me! We have it but have never stayed awake until the end BUT it is a pretty looking film which is why we bought it!
    Love the longjohns - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck...hope Jamie gets his quilt!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! You are on a winner there! I love your choices and also the fact they are based on a theme! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerry! Your bundle is beautiful and your idea how to chooce the fabrics by that theme was great! Happy New year! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, nothing worse than a sulking brother! Love your choices though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh i love your bundle choice-my favorite of the ones i've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, Going Coastal is one of my favorite lines from this year...you must be sure to check out the crabby prints tho! The crabs are in your bottlecaps but they are kind of creepy / friendly / wonderful on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely bundle. In a funny coincidence, my husband and I are in the process of redoing our staircase and just today he pointed out that we choose a Steve Zissou color palate. It must be very now. I'll be posting photos on my blog as soon as the project is done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would buy your bundle for sure. Lovely selections!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely choices Kerry!
    Good luck with that quilt, men in red hats one a yellow submarine...hmmm if anyone can do it I'm sure it is you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting group - I'd love to see it in a real quilt working together! You might just have to buy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. excellent bundle kerry! i bet you win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.